Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Welcome To My Sewing Blog

Hi everyone,

I am happy to meet you all through my new sewing blog "Frills and Flares." I am a mother of an 1- year-old girl baby. I like sewing dresses for her. In this blog, I will showcase my sewing creations and share what I learn through my sewing experiences. I have another blog, "Flora's Colors," which is about embroidery and drawing.

I love flowers. I like embroidering flower patterns as well as making fabric flowers. When I grew up, I learned the basics of sewing from my mom, who has almost 30 years of experience in sewing. I still often get her help in learning some tricks and techniques. Also, I developed (and still developing) my sewing skills by getting help from books and from my own experience. I have been doing embroidery from my childhood, but rarely do I sew. Recently, especially after my daughter was born, sewing has become an obsession for me, and I am learning new techniques and experimenting with different patterns and creating my own patterns.

I made this dress for my little girl two days ago. This is an A-line dress with two yo-yos attached on the front bodice.


This is the front side of the dress:

Back side of the dress:





Yo-Yos on the front bodice.





Hope you will enjoy learning from my blog.

No comments: