Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Ruched Sundress for My Little One

I made this empire-waist sundress for my little girl today. The pattern is self-drafted. I did some ruching at the center front. The straps cross at the back. First, I thought of attaching a red or orange satin ribbon at the empire line, but then I settled in with the lace trim to give a soft look to the dress.


Here are some action shots. I took these photos before attaching the lace trim on the bottom round of the dress.




I purchased some cotton fabrics from a fabric bazaar recently to make summer dresses or skirts for my daughter. As I already have loads of cotton fabrics, I purchased only a few. I made the above-mentioned sundress from one of the fabrics you see in the image below. The lavender-colored floral fabric is for my friend's daughter. This type of cotton fabric is so soft and perfect for summer.


Lots of sewing ahead! I would love to see what you are making now. Please feel free to comment and leave a link to your blog, so that I will be able to visit your blogs too.

I have linked this to the link party on Happy Hour Projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment