Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Kids Clothes Week Challenge---Tiered Ruffle Dress

I made a tiered ruffle dress following the tutorial at Mama Says Sew. Although this is not meant to be a project for the KCW challenge, due to the difficulty level of it (it involves making layers and layers of ruffles), I opted for it because I had already drafted the pattern I had cut the fabric pieces ready, and my daughter was very excited, and she kept on asking me when I will make the fluffy dress after I showed her the dress on Mama Says Sew website and told her that I was going to make one for her.



It took almost four hours straight for me to finish this dress. But the final outcome was worth the effort. I first thought of using white and two shades of pink. But my little one has many pink dresses, also when I searched my stash, I found some fabrics in blue shades. So I changed my mind and ended up using the same nautical colors as in the original. Also I liked the cool colors and my kid loved it too.




Her tutorial was easy to follow. The neckline was a little tricky and needed some effort, but came off well.


No comments:

Post a Comment